Youth Ministry Core Values
We sense God leading us to base all we do in youth ministry on the following essential beliefs about God, God's will and the church's appropriate response:
• God deeply loves all youths.
It is the appropriate response of the church to value and cherish youths.
• By God's design, youths are relational beings.
It is the appropriate response of the church to provide a relationally based youth ministry.
• The Holy Spirit is drawing and gifting youths for lifelong, personal relationships of devoted service to Jesus Christ.
It is the appropriate response of the church to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in actively evangelizing and discipling youths.
• God is the Creator of families and often draws people to his Son working in and through families.
It is the appropriate response of the church to work with youths in partnership with their families wherever possible.
Youth Ministry Mission
Grounded firmly in these core values we feel led to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in pursuing the following two-part mission for youth ministry:
• Create an environment in which youths are exposed to the gospel and brought into the presence of Jesus Christ.
• Prepare, equip and release the youths for ministry in their congregations, their communities and in the world at large.